Home > Uncategorized > I’m Back!! and this time I mean it…

I’m Back!! and this time I mean it…

Hello again…

After months of exile from my beloved blog I am making a (hopefully) triumphant return. We have a lot to catch up on so I am hoping to fill quite a few posts in the next week or so. I deluge of activity that will bring my journey up to date.

First off an explanation. I fell off the face of the web for a few different reasons. Work issues, life changes, exhaustion, and needing to reprioritize what is important in my life all played a major part. I kind of forgot how to enjoy life there for a while. We moved into a new house and still had a newborn in the house to care for. Needless to say, Wannabe got lost in the shuffle. Enough of the excuses though, after some careful thought I rediscovered my love for my list and it can help me be the man I want to be. It also is an excellent outlet to get some of the craziness out of my head.

To the current…Today I will be weighing in for a weight loss competition that is being put on by some of the police officers down at our station. While I have dropped some of the unnecessary weight I pack around I am not even close to my stated goal of 185lbs. I will return soon with my official weigh in start. We have done these competitions before and I have found them to be very effective for me in staying on course for getting in shape. I am really hoping that these trend keeps true this time.

Some other things to look for in the future…

I am obsessed with food and eating. So I plan on sharing some of my favorite recipes. Ironic that I put this directly after I declare a battle of the bulge, but I firmly believe that you can eat well and still work out and become fit. I WILL NOT be eating tasteless cardboard wafers to lose weight. I’m sure that I could lose more if I did adhere to a strict diet of rabbit vittles, but life is too short to not enjoy each meal that you have while your here.

Changes to the list…

I was looking it over and in line with some of my new found gusto and prioritization I will be changing a few items on the list. Some because they are no longer possible, and some because I am in a different place than I was when I first put the list together. Mostly because I have things that I would rather accomplish now than I did 2 years ago.

Kids…

My 2 boys and wife encompass 95% of my life. That is the way life should be. The other 5% is work, friends, hobbies (blog), and all that other junk. So if you visit your going to see a lot of my fam and our adventures. One of the reasons I started this in the first place was to be a better dad and show my sons that life is meant to be lived and celebrated. Not trudged through and living to work. That being said some of the big deals in my household are The Avengers, Batman, Spider-man, Maldonado Crazy Monkeys, and lots of toys to play with.

New Found Things…

I will also be sharing new things, places and people that I discover in life. Recently I posted about my good friends Charlie and Cindy Miller and their family’s McCloud business, McCloud Outdoors. I will be sharing more and more items like this in hopes that someone finds and reads this and decides to visit some of the things I enjoy in life. I have another waiting to go already…Just waiting for The Cartman to launch. (I hope he still reads this)

 

Thats it for the moment. I pledge to be consistent and rededicate myself to documenting this journey, just so my boys have a way to go back and look at some of the things that we did in our lives. Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to drop a comment, even if it’s just to say hello. Everyone like to see comments on their page.

 

Advertisements
  1. August 3, 2012 at 2:46 am

    Yay – glad to hear all is well and you’re back!! Taking a list break is perfectly normal and like you said, when you return to it, things look a little different and it’s totally OK to add/remove – I’ve done it countless times. It’s awesome to have dreams and those *should* change as you grow and evolve – that’s just proof that you’re growing an evolving. 🙂 Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures, fam and all! Welcome back!

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: